Henry Schein Medical Enhances Telemedicine Solution with Availability of Medpod MobileDoc 2, Driven by Uber Health
New Agreement Between Medpod and Uber Health Enables Health Care Professionals to Deliver Telediagnostic Examinations in Non-Traditional Care Settings
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190729005340/en/
Henry Schein Medical Enhances Telemedicine Solution with Availability of Medpod MobileDoc 2, Driven by
Further enhancing patients’ ability to receive convenient care,
The patent-pending MobileDoc 2 is Medpod’s second generation mobile microcart featuring professional-grade medical devices and instruments — such as dermatoscopes (examines skin lesions) and electrocardiograms (detects heart attacks and heart rhythm problems) — that can mobilize and enhance access to care. With this new solution, health care professionals can transform any environment into a clinical care setting, ultimately expanding provider reach with house calls and hospital-at-home settings. Additionally, the MobileDoc 2 can deliver:
- Remote consultations, similar to a face-to-face visit, with easy rollout of patient-centric exams, via professional diagnostic tools to capture patients’ temperatures, peripheral capillary oxygen saturation (SpO2), blood pressure, height, weight, and body mass index (BMI).
- Additional opportunities to create new pathways to help reduce costs for both providers and patients;
- Improved convenience and patient outcomes;
- Flexible and customizable mobile medical infrastructure with optimized mobile cellular service and Wi-Fi as well as live video, audio, clinical, and lab data streaming;
- Remote telediagnostic device control; and
- Access through a web browser with no software installation required.
“Henry Schein Medical is eager to bring this expanded Medpod offering to our customers in multiple market segments, helping transform their practices and improve relationships with patients looking for convenient access to health care,” said
To ensure the success of this partnership, a pilot program will be rolled out to customers based on
“Our new partnership with
“Uber Health is excited to partner in this effort to drive the new house call, and deliver personalized, concierge medicine, changing the traditional health care delivery model,” said
For more information, call 1.800.P.SCHEIN or visit www.HenrySchein.com/Medpod.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 120,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 180,000 additional products available as special-order items.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the
Claire Barbier, Corporate Communications Specialist, Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org, 631-454-3657