- Issues Annual CSR Report Detailing Actions to Address Company’s Environment, Social, and Governance Work
- Publishes New and Expanded Disclosures and Goals on ESG Performance
- Aims to Donate at Least
$50 Millionby 2025 to Advance Health Equity
By the end of 2022, Henry Schein plans to report progress in accordance with the standards of each of the
For more than 30 years, Henry Schein has continued to support the five constituents that make up the Company’s Mosaic of Success – Customers, Suppliers, Team Schein Members, Shareholders, and Society at Large. This year’s report, as detailed below, represents another milestone in the Company’s commitment to the Mosaic of Success.
Among other work highlighted in the report, Henry Schein is committed to the following actions for accelerating ESG stewardship:
- Aspiring to be carbon neutral in its supply chain emissions by the year 2050, if not sooner. In 2021, Henry Schein will focus on baselining its distribution and transportation metrics in key markets in
North America, Europe, and Australia;
- Aiming to donate at least
$50 millionin cash and product through Henry Schein Caresand the Henry Schein Cares Foundation, Inc.by 2025 to advance health equity;
- Enhancing in 2021 an individual D&I goal tied to Henry Schein’s annual performance incentive program (i.e., cash bonus plan) for the senior managers in the Company (Directors, Vice Presidents, and Members of the Executive Management Committee);
- Contributing as a member to the World Economic Forum’s Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics initiative, which seeks to improve ways companies measure and demonstrate their performance against ESG indicators and to enable positive contribution towards achieving the United Nations’
Sustainable Development Goals; and
- Committing to an all-electric operations lift truck ﬂeet in its
U.S.distribution centers by 2025.
“Even as we tackled the unprecedented challenges created by the pandemic, we continued to accelerate progress along our ESG journey. We deepened our sustainability efforts by formalizing our policies, setting goals and targets for our ESG ambitions, and making steady and measurable progress toward these goals throughout the year,” said
The 2020 Sustainability and CSR report underscores the values instilled at the Company’s founding 89 years ago and highlights how Henry Schein gives back to the professions and communities it serves. The Company is committed to addressing its own environmental impact, engaging with investors in its business practices, providing its TSMs with a healthy, safe, and inclusive workplace, and contributing to health equity.
To learn more about Henry Schein’s ESG efforts and to view the full 2020 Sustainability and CSR report, please visit www.henryschein.com/corporatecitizenship.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 120,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 180,000 additional products available as special-order items.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in
Vice President, Investor Relations
Vice President, Corporate Media Relations